Sunday, December 13, 2009

Weekend End!

This weekend was one of the best weekends of my entire life. I had so much fun and it was all because of the people I got to spend it with. Friday night Adri and I went to her family's house to make brownies with the boys. Santi and Pablo have been looking forward to it all week. They kept making sure with Adri that it was still happening and that Sarah was going to be there. We had so much fun making cookies together the last time that we just had to go again. When we got there after classes at ILP no one was home so we just went and hung out in Adri's room (which is actually Caro's room) and took pictures and listened to music. When everyone got there all we heard was the door open and then Pablo shout "Adri??" I think he was kind of excited.



I love this girl... she is just so awesome!

Typical Sarah



Okay, maybe this is typical Sarah

There was so much love in this room!!

Yes one of my talents, that you may not know about, is that I can crack and egg with one hand... I know you all love me so much more now that you know that!

C. Blanco is known for all the swearing he does on the field

Oh Pablo, how can you not love him?

Me and my two favorite Mexican boys

Sisters


Pablo's mother is very health conscious... we told Pablo he could lick the spatula but right before his mother walked into the room he decided to take a scoop of the brownie batter. I thought for sure she would kick Adri and I out of the house. Well not literally, she just got after Pablo, oh what a boy!

While we waited for our delicious brownies to bake we played some Wii! It was pretty much a party!




Santi was the best


Adri was in first place the whole race and then placed worse than I did, what a disappointment!


Santi gives great kisses

...and cuddles!

And more kisses!!

Santi is the most loving boy I have ever met. He always tells us how much he loves us and gives us hugs and kisses. I have been running low on those two things seems as I'm away from my nephew Max so it was a pretty awesome weekend!! :-)



I was much better at the racing than I was at the battle on Mario Cart. I sucked on the one where you have to collect the coins, I could drive around the coin but I could never pick up the coin. Santi finally took the controller away from me and put me out of my misery!


Pablo beat Caro up when she wouldn't let him go get brownies


They were much better with milk. Santi just put his whole brownie in his glass of milk and ate it with a spoon.


We went back to the school that night so that we could hang out and have a sleep over... while I was talking to Skype to Tyson Adri watched a movie like this on the cold floor in the big room. I just about died laughing when I saw her the first time so I had to run and get my camera.

Caro and the boys invited us to come back in the morning and she would teach us how to make Pay de Limon. We were pretty excited. When we got there in the morning the kids had decorated notebooks for us to write the recipes we wanted from Mexico in. It was so sweet. Then they went through a whole bunch of really yummy recipe books with us and helped us translate them. It was so sweet. The best part of the morning was that we got to eat Caro's Pay de Limon which Pablo says is the best in Tehuacan.




The yummy mixture!!



You pour it over layers of cookies and it just ends up being the most delicious desert ever!

Pablo was in charge of watching the timer... he did that diligently for 45 minutes until it was ready. It has to chill for at least that much time!

Doesn't look that appetizing but I promise you it is... those are crumbled cookies on the top not crackers!


Sooooooooo goooooood!! I lo-ooo-oove it!!


We then ran a bunch of errands that afternoon and went out for lunch. It was a great day and we got pretty much everything done that we needed to. Our checklist I believe is complete! Hooray, now we can just enjoy our last week in the beautiful place we have called home for the past four months!



Sunday we had beautiful weather and we made sure to take pictures by the cool graffiti by the church. PEACE and LOVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment