Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I love Discovery!!

So our kids couldn't have been better prepared for the Discovery program and unfortunately it couldn't have been any colder on the night we had to preform it. Okay maybe that is a false statement its not like we are living in Northern Canada, however it was the coldest day of my four months in Mexico. Even colder than the week that we had rain everyday and a lot of flooding. It was a gloomy and cloudy all day and of course the one day we needed warm weather we didn't get it. It even got dark a few hours early because it was so cloudy out. The mist that was coming down looked like snow in the light, maybe one of our Christmas gifts while in Mexico. I had been complaining about how much I missed snow, maybe it was all my fault.

Teo and I set up the sound system and Teo teased me the whole time about being the worst assistant he has ever had... at least until Kami started helping and then he changed his tune and started to tease her. He makes me laugh so much! The kids showed up and Frida and Santi helped me untangle a bunch of cords and get ready to go. We wanted to start on time so that we didn't have to sit out in the cold too long. Once we were finished with putting the chairs on stage and then getting the sound system set up all the teachers just had to get their classes together. As per usual my class was the first one organized and the first ones quietly sitting in their seats. It is easier when you have older kids for sure and it helps that I have the best kids in the whole world. I love my class!!

Ana Isabel, Frida and Anaisabel.... they are so beautiful!

Cristobal, Pepe and Ana Isabel (again)

Ivanna, Dani and oh yep, there is Ana Isabel... she loves being in picture!

I think this is my favorite picture of Anaisabel from the entire semester.... what a pretty girl!

Rachael and Ashley introducing the Kindergarten classes!


Me and Dani

Adri, Dusty and Ryan's opening group had a separate program all about Disney characters travelling to the North Pole. Each of the kids were assigned to be a character and they all wore the most adorable costumes. Elasti-girl, Mickey Mouse (little Rodrigo... such a sweet little boy), Sully, Goofy, Donald Duck, the list goes on and on. They did such a good job and made me cry while they were singing their songs. They did such a great job!


Princess Aurora, Pochaontas, Cinderella, TinkerBell, Genie... the best costume out there. He wasn't even wearing a shirt, he was just totally painted all blue. He had to eventually put on that sweater so that he didn't freeze to death. Ryan gave him a high five and was like "David your costume rocks!" When Ryan looked at his hand it was completely blue.... all of us stayed away so that we didn't end up blue.

Captain Hook, Jack Sparrow, Peter Pan, Belle, Daisy Duck, Minnie Mouse, Jasmine, Robin Hood... it was just oh so good!!

Yes, Rodrigo happens to be my favorite student from that age group. He gave me a gift after the program was finished. He came running over to me and gave me a huge hug and then handed me this chocolate treat. He is just so sweet and his smile just is so contagious.

I don't think there is anyone in the whole world that could possibly think that this boy isn't cute. The things he had on his feet (over his shoes) to look like a ducks feet were too big so he had to walk differently to make sure he didn't fall. It made him look like he had a waddle which just made me think he was even cuter!

Our program was all about Magic and my kids did a great job. All of them knew their lines so well and practiced them over and over. Singing was hard because most of the kids were shivering, we didn't get much dancing out them either. I don't really blame them it is so hard when you're freezing cold. In the end they did a wonderful job and their parents were proud of them as were all of their teachers. It was a great way to end the semester!!


Cristobal is the only student that really made me cry. Just as he was leaving at the end of the evening he asked me if I would go to his house for lunch the following day. I had already promised someone else I would go to their house and so I couldn't go to Cristobal's. He said that was okay but then he started to cry. That just made me so sad!! I had to turn away so that I didn't burst into tears right there. Then he told me that his family is coming to Calgary this August. Then he asked me if he could see me when he came. I told him of course and then made him promise that he would come visit me, and told him he could stay with me if he wanted. I love this kid, he is such an angel and so willing to do whatever it is that is asked of him. He loves to learn English and every opportunity he gets he practices. I couldn't have asked for a better student, he is such a wonderful kid and a total stud!

My little Ruly... can't you tell he is so excited to be there??

Me and Dani
Dani invited me to go to her house for lunch on the Thursday. She was very sad and crying a lot, it was hard not to cry when I saw her tearing up.

Me and Paula... oh man I'm going to miss this girl!

Andrea and Me

Adri and her Mexican siblings!
Me and Caro.... I love this girl! I'm going to miss her entire family so much!

Santi and Me.... I love this boy. He is my favorite Santi in the whole world and I don't know how I am going to live without his hugs.

Typical Joseph

I can't even tell you how much I love these kids... maybe if you could hear my voice and listen to how I talk about them but just writing down I love these kids over and over... not sure if it really gets the point across. I know that I'm going to look at these pictures later and have to fight back tears. Caro and Santi and Pepe.... they are just the most loving and most kind and oh I just love them!


One of the last pictures of the entire group....

M last picture with the kids from Discovery.... what a sad, sad day. The kids did such a great job in the program I was so proud of them. It was so cold and all they wanted to do was get off the stage and into warmer clothes or get inside but they still preformed so well and spoke so well. I am so proud to be their teacher and I love them all so much. I am going to miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment