Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cactus Cactus Everywhere

On Saturday, wow I can't believe it is December 5th already, we decided that we wanted to hang out around Tehuacan and see things here that we haven't seen yet. So a bunch of us went to a place called Zapotitlan Salinas. There are a lot of neat things there and it was a nice way to spend the day. First of all it was freezing on Saturday so all of us wore jackets and long pants so we didn't freeze to death. Those who didn't do that regretted it later, especially when we got up into the mountains. We woke up early Saturday morning and met at the Italian Coffee Shop in the Center. I walked around the corner and all I could hear was "Sarah!!" I wasn't sure who was calling my name but when I looked up I was so excited to see Adri's host siblings Pablo, Santi and Caro standing there. Adri had invited them to come with us which was pretty much the best news ever! I love those kids, I'm so jealous of Adri! We then walked for about twenty minutes to the place where we needed to catch the bus.

Ash, Me, Caro and Adri

Santi and Pablo are most definitely brothers

Most of the gang


Pablo is so cool... he was wearing a Canada hat that day and a Canada shirt which just put a huge smile on my face. I love Canada and I am so proud to be a Canadian!
Everyone made sure to get their jokes in about Canada before we starting having too much fun that day... it just never gets old for them


Some of the cutest kids in Mexico...

At Zapotitlan Salinas there is a very neat cactus garden which is where we spent the majority of the day. There are so many kinds of cactus there and so many huge cactus it was fun to walk around and take pictures there.

There were thousands of cactus in this place


I'm pretty sure Ashley regretted wearing those boots as soon as she realized how much walking we had to do


We had a visitor that would have probably left us alone if people hadn't given it attention. I don't hate animals... in fact I think I'm quite the opposite. I loved working at the pet store and I think animals are beautiful and fun but I do not like dirty stray dogs that like to jump up on me and the kids I'm with and nip at our hands. I wanted that dog as far away as possible so that we didn't get any of the germs that it was infested with all over us. However some people felt sorry for it and so it stuck with us for most of the day.




This cactus probably wasn't even the biggest one we saw but it was convenient to take a picture in front of it

They had a look out that we all climbed up on to see the entire Cactus Garden and the towns in the distance... Santi ran ahead of us so that we could take some cool pictures


Some of the cathedrals in the neighboring town

The stairs were pretty steep and the wind was super cold up there


Santi is a Mexican version of my friend Taylor Melnyk. He even has the same pigeon-toed walk. Let me just explain to you why I think he is exactly how Taylor would have been when he was 10 years old. He is one of those boys who is super cute and all the girls like him so when the girls are around he has to act super cool and make sure that the guys know that he is cool. But he is one of the sweetest boys ever and always does sweet things for the people that mean a lot to him in his life and the girls he likes. He is so cute. He doesn't really look like Taylor but his mannerisms remind me a lot of him.


All the cactus that were close to the path they had taken the needles off the bottom half of them for safety


This is what Santi gets when he doesn't listen to his big sister I guess


Who can see Santi??? I promise he is in this picture!
This was a pretty sweet tree and Caro took some awesome pictures!


Haha... Santi is the bomb!




Pablo rockin' the Canada shirt



My two favorite girls


Adri's Mexico family

Oh and he is hilarious... we were walking down these stairs and Santi runs ahead "Take a picture Adri!" All of us came around the corner and beheld him standing there like this. What a goof ball

The grandpa cactus is covered in white hair... there were a lot of different kinds but we didn't translate all of them

Caro and Pablo bought a cactus for themselves and Santi just got some cool necklaces, one had a chili on it and it was pretty sweet!

After we finished up with looking at more cacti than you can shake a stick at we did some shopping at the cactus garden and then decided we were ready to catch the bus home. While we were waiting on the road for the bus we saw an onyx shop just down from us and we decided to take a look. Everything in the store was handmade and it was so cheap. It was so cute, Caro, Pablo and Santi only had 15 pesos left and so they chose one thing to buy. Well the people that owned the store probably gave them 150 pesos worth of free stuff because they were so grateful that they had brought all of us to this store. It was so sweet and the kids were so excited. I got a whole bunch of neat stuff which I will not explain because some of them are gifts for people.


What a cool shop

No comments:

Post a Comment