Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Last Game

So we arrived a little bit late because our excursion to Ana Esperanza's took us longer than planned but we made it to futbol and it was awesome. I officially realized how terrible I am at that sport but I still love playing it more than any other sport in the world. I am all Canadian when it comes to my favorite sport to watch, HOCKEY is an easy winner there. So we showed up and our favorite boys were there waiting patiently like always. I am going to miss Thursday nights so much. It has been so great to have people who are consistent and always show up to play. I think it is going to be just as sad for them as it will be for me. Once a week we were basically having YM's activities with two girls there. It is so much fun and tons of people come because it is fun for everyone. One thing about Tehuacan is that there isn't a ton of things to do, the discos are super popular for that reason. It is nice to have alternative, uplifting activities to choose. To be honest there wasn't much playing that went on that night because we wanted pictures with everyone and there were a few quick injuries. Nestor was playing goal for a bit and got kicked right in the thumb, I wouldn't be surprised if it was broken. It was very very swollen and it was hurting him a lot. He sat out for the rest of the night, good thing he came for 5 minutes of play.

Salvador and Me

Oh A-rod, how I love you!

Gabriel and Nestor.... Gabriel left right after I took this picture. He never came to play anyway he just wanted to flirt.

Nestor was trying to put his sweater on and he couldn't do it, I came off the court to help him and I guess Adri took a picture.

This is how I spent most of my Thursday nights, talking and joking around and then getting in trouble for sleeping while my team was trying to play.

Salvador had a crush on Adri... I do not just say that because I think I am good at sensing those kinds of things. He came right out and told her that. The whole time she believe he liked me. Oh A-rod when will you learn, every boy liked her down there!!

Poor Nestor.... his hand was hurting so much. He was a good sport though and just hung out until we were finished so we could take pictures and so that his brother Daniel could still play.


Omar is so cute, I don't even think he is 13 yet but he is just so fun!

Zefe and Me

Me, Alfredo, Salvador and Adri
Thank you Alfredo and Sandy... without you I wouldn't have had Thursday nights to look forward to, without you I wouldn't have made all of these wonderful friends. I am so glad they organized it the first time. After that, they hardly ever came but we that was okay because we still talked to all of our other soccer friends and made plans.


One of the few pictures we have of Daniel smiling!!



We actually got several good ones of him that night.... we told him if he didn't smile I would destroy him. There is nothing worse than destruction by Sarah, I assure you!

Isreal.... normally I would stand by someone and put my arm over their shoulder for a picture but he was so grossly sweaty after playing that I couldn't even do that. I was grossed out even standing that close to him.

The Gang!! Oh and our soccer ball, thanks Tyson!

Adri always got tired at soccer and would sit off... she was extra tired this evening!


This is everyone who came to play on that last Thursday... I love these boys!

Nestor, Me and Daneil.... these two brothers are awesome! Oh and they rock at futbol!


We had a lot of fun....



The boys dog-piled on Daniel...

....which killed him!

Me and my best friend at soccer... two of my favorite things in the whole world!

My boys!

Daniel found a cockroach and pretended to eat it. Then the boy that he is chased Adri probably 4 blocks with it. I don't think I have ever seen her run that fast. I was laughing so hard!

Once they got down to the end of the block the boys were being dumb and started ringing people's doorbells. Then all of the boys took off running down to where I was around the block. I looked back down the street to see if they had answered the door and all I could see was Adri standing almost right by the door of the house that the boys had woken up. She was just walking along at a snails pace obviously tired from running away from Daniel. Haha I just yelled at her down the street "Adri, the boys rung that doorbell." She looked at me, looked at the door and just started sprinting. I don't know if there was even anyone home but I was not prepared to get yelled at in Spanish on my last day in Tehuacan. Stupid boys!! We ended up by our favorite graffiti wall and took a bunch more pictures there.

Nestor and Daniel don't even have to try that hard to make me laugh


Nestor is so strong... he couldn't even turn his bad hand to make the picture look cool

Peace and Love

Isreal's bike... he looked like a pizza delivery guy!

Another of my favorites from our trip.... this is our awesome group of futbol friends!

A lady took one last picture of all of us... this was after we had exchanged emails addresses and facebook names!

I told Daniel that he needed to add my sister of facebook. My beautiful little sister... then in my broken Spanish I told him that he should marry her. "Marry her?" "Si!" "Is she beautiful?" Si!" "Live in Canada?" "Si!" "Perfecto!!" Haha oh he is so funny!! Salvador made a joke later about marrying Janeen instead of Daniel and he was so mad. When we finally said goodbye and gave our last hugs I waved at Daniel and said "Adios futuro cunado!!" "Adios futuro cunada!" Haha if only Janeen knew how cute he was.... I guess I'll just have to take her down to visit after Daniel gets home from his mission!

They gave Adri and I this comic that is all about the Independence of Mexico and the wars that went on. Adri was being so funny while she was trying to read the Spanish... it was an intense story!!

No comments:

Post a Comment