Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Week of Goodbyes!

Well this week is going to be a sad one I think.... it started off with a bang and it was a wonderful Monday but I know that I'm going to be a disaster when I have to say goodbye the kids I have grown to love this semester. I showed up to Discovery on Monday and everyone was so excited to see the teachers. My kids were so cuddly and I reaped the benefits of it! Everyone wanted to take a picture with me and then everyone wanted to take turns taking pictures with my camera.
Anaisabel, Ruly, Me, Dani and Ana Esperanza

I'm so glad we finally got Ivanna in this picture... too bad she didn't even pay attention
This is my whole class except for Frida who wanted to take the picture

The kids always tease me when I have gum because I have a tendency to blow bubbles and snap them really loud. I have stopped chewing gum in class for obvious reasons!

Santi came up behind me at one point and said "Sarah, I'm going to miss you so much!" I just about burst into tears with there. I gave him a big hug and all I could say back was "I'm going to miss you too!" If I had said anymore than that I would have cried for sure. He is such a sweet boy and I love him so much! I love his hugs and kisses and he always tells me how much he loves me. It's hard not to be jealous of Adri when she gets to go home to that everyday.

All we did on Monday was practice for the Carnival on Wednesday. My kids were without question the best class ever. They knew their lines super well, they sang so loud and to make me so proud they were so well behaved the entire day. Some of the kids who give me the most trouble were probably the best behaved. I am the luckiest teacher out there. I love these kids and I'm going to miss them so much.

My little angel Ana Esperanza


All the kids wanted to be next to me, we did the best we could!

Ruly was paying really good attention during practice as you can se... haha oh I love that kid!

Fernanda and Me at lunch time

Monday night we had our last FHE as a group of ILP teachers. It was probably the best FHE all semester. We ordered tacos which were delicious and then we watched "Christmas Vacation" which just got me in a super great mood because I'm looking forward to Christmas back home. We went and bought drinks and such good cheesecake that the lady at the corner store makes. It was just a great night!

Good tacos... the taco man really delivered this time!


This is how we watch a movie... no wonder this bed is so beat up

Today Discovery was a bit more of a challenge. All of the kids refused to pay attention because they all wanted to get the teacher's e-mail addresses and give us theirs. It was hard to call them to attention. My class was great while we watched the younger kids preform their program.

Dani and Me

Frida ran up to me in opening to give me a gift that she had made for me.... its so hard not to love these kids, even though sometimes they are not little angels.

Dani and Pepe.. my favorite Mexican twins!
They gave me a sweet Christmas gift.... I'm going to miss them so much!

Frida (she looks so beautiful in this picture!)

Dani (so pretty!)

Ana Esperanza

Anaisabel

Ana Isabel

I love this picture of Frida and Me

Cristobal

These kids are what makes this quote true for me

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard!"
- A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)

I love these kids and some of them have become some of my closest friends in the world. It is sad to leave and know that I won't have the opportunity to see them continue to grow and have them as a part of my life. It is now my responsibility to stay interested in their lives and stay in contact with them. If I leave and forget about all of them they will forget about me, I don't want either of those things to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment