Monday, November 2, 2009

"I look like something off of Nickelodeon" - Snuggy the Clown


Friday morning was the start of my totally awesome weekend. We went to the huge market for Dia de los Muertos which was super neat. I found some beautiful things to buy which was great and also enjoyed just being there. So many people were there and there were so many vendors but it was neat to see everything. It smelled so strong and there was a different scent every ten steps, some delicious food some made me take those ten steps as quickly as possible. It was really nice. Sandy and Alfredo's friends Alejandro and Daniel gave us all a ride in their suburban and then just walked around with us. I was trying to buy something from this one pottery vendor and I couldn't get his attention to save my life. I thought that he would take Alejandro a little more seriously because he was a Mexican man so and I asked for his help in buying this one thing. Alejandro was happy to help but then insisted on paying for it also. I felt terrible, he bought Kelsey her purchase from that same vendor. I don't think that counts as accepting a gift right?? He was very nice and very patient in trying to take a picture of all of us in the busy market. There were a lot of people that walked through a lot of the shots we took.

Kelsey, Me, Ashley, Dusty and Kami
Adri, Brooke and Kathy were all off buying other things at this point in time




Me and Ash


Kami bought this delicious chocolate skull but it was so hot outside that immediately it started to melt and ended up just pooling in her hand. She didn't get to keep it as long as she was hoping I don't think

So instead she just ate it.... you can't really see it in this picture but she has a ton of chocolate all over her mouth from it.


Halloween at ILP was so much fun. We had different stations set up for all the kids and they rotated through. They decorated cookies as pumpkins with Dusty and they made trick or treating bags with Chelsea and Adri. They went through a haunted house with Kami and Kelsey and then they came and played a game where they had to eat donuts off a string with me. It was a fun day of classes. The kids costumes were great and then they all got to go trick or treating at the end of it. They all had a lot of fun and all got a lot of sugar.

Adri and her favorite student Uriel

Snuggy the Clown and Superwoman

Maryfer's wig was super cool!

Atzi and Vanilka are just too cute... it's hard not to love them!

Jesus, Me and Richard

Me and Idalia

Idalia, Noelia, Marity, Vanilka and Maryfer
Noelia and Marity came on stilts... it was super cool!

The donut game was hilarious and there were only two kids that finished their donut. Ruben and Viktor.... they were so funny. Everyone was covered in icing and so we spent half of our rotation just trying to wash everyone's faces without ruining their makeup. But they all seemed to have fun. There is a video that I will eventually upload I promise... keep your eyes peeled.

David, Julian and Axel

Little Maryfer and Ruben

Ruben, Sebastian, and David

Sebastian was impressed that Ruben finished his donut without cheating

David and Julian

The Gang!!

The kids went trick or treating... Arad and Atzi were so cute!


Good ol' Snuggy the Clown makes me laugh everytime


Adri's costume was a little bit too small on her so I called her Snuggy the Clown. I laughed so hard when she came out in her costume... I thought it was awesome!!

Haha

The kids all made out like bandits... I'm sure their parents appreciated the sugar high they were on when they got home

The Creep Doctors... they had a haunted house thing where the kids felt all of the different organs, it was super cool


Facebook




Kelsey and Kami's dad Martin dressed up as Kelsey for Halloween, he was so funny!




We were the only ones dancing and everyone else just started at us but we had a fun!


A taste of Tehuacan

After we danced and played musical chairs at the Heslington Party we all decided to have a game of Red Rover. That is a dangerous game with small children let alone full grown adults who hate to lose. Right near the end of the game I was in between Edwin and Moroni and we called Adri over. Adri decided she was going to try to break through Moroni and I. We didn't let go at first but after we were spun around and the top or Moroni's head smashed into my cheek I let go. Yep I will admit it I was the first one to let go but my face was hurting a lot. It was on my left cheek too which was the same side as my previous head injury. I was out for the count. I think my head hurt worse after that than it did the first time I hit it. In face its Tuesday today and my face still hurts but the top of my head is much better. It was quite the collision. I'm disappointed to say that my team ended up losing.

I know you can't even see the bruise on my face but it hurt.... I'm such a baby I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment