Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone, today was probably the best Halloween ever.... well considering that there was no trick or treating. We woke up late and then hung out until we went to Heslington for a BBQ. At Heslington, Moroni made us delicious food for lunch and we just hung out and chatted. Then we played the game ImagineIff which was funny.... Imagine if Kami was part of the threesome which would she be a part of?? The The Musketeers? The Three Stooges? The Three Blind Mice? It was fun while it lasted.

Moroni just can't take a normal picture...

Moroni and his Madre
...unless his mother forces him.


3 Good Lookin' Girls

So gross....

What did I tell you... no normal pictures

Some pictures we had to take for the updated website. We look pretty good!

Ashley and I were angry that Moroni wouldn't let us take a picture alone... Ryan had to be in it

We eventually just decided to make the best of the situation


We finally rebelled against Ryan being in every picture up until that point he was in every shot.

Puebla girls

We eventually got distracted from our board game with the much more fun and awesome option of playing futbol!!! We had a good time and played on the small grass space at Heslington until we had to go back to the school to get ready for our party in the evening. When I got back to the school... just our luck... the big room had flooded again. That is where we are going to eat dinner so I had a lot of work to do to get the water out. It was pretty bad. The house smelled like wet dog which was too bad but once Ashley got home and started cooking it was much better.

Ronaldino, Teo, the other teachers and I played some soccer after the BBQ. It was a good time!!

Static Electricity


We had an awesome fun mystery dinner at the party for all the teachers and Teo and Rachel's family. We had 21 people come and enjoy the fun with us. They also kept Ashley and me running around like chickens with our heads cut off. It was a super fun evening and hilarious to watch. Ashley prepared a delicious meal of pasta and bruschetta and treats. We had a long menu and people had to order three things off the menu with one utensil for each course. Some people had some really bad luck when it came to ordering, but it was good for a laugh.

Everyone ordering their food... they had to put a number beside each of the items on the menu and decide which course they wanted that item in. It worked out super well and everyone was stuffed by the end of it.

Our awesome menu:

Witches Brew
Bat Wings
Monster Toes
Frankensteins Bolts
Ghost Droppings
Frog Legs
Vampire Fangs
Dragon's Heart
Ogre Eyes
Pumpkin Juice
Swamp Water
Goblin Ears
Magic Potion
Witches Warts
Skeleton Bones
Spider Eggs
Ogre Toenails
Werewolf Fur

Ashley and I decided we were going to dress up as Moroni and Teo for Halloween. I think we probably laughed the hardest but everyone thought it was funny. This picture was taken right after we revealed our costumes to Moroni, he knew right away who Ashley was and then after looking at us for a moment clicked and figured out who I was trying to be. After laughing his only response was "Thank You!!"

If you didn't order a plate you got your pasta right on the table.... at least Kelsey got a fork!!


Some courses had a lot of carbs... okay nvm the entire meal was carbs!

Bethany ordered all six of her drinks in the first two courses. I think she was about bursting at the seams by the time she actually got her dinner.

Kami was lucky enough to order both her Fehttuchini and her Spaghetti on a plate and in a bowl but she had to eat them both with her fingers.

Teo did a great job of serving everyone up... we were a great team!!

Me shouting commands from the kitchen... everyone had to get their own drinks and then I went back to work going through the menus and telling Moroni (ghost) and Ashley (Teo) what to give people for the next course. It actually was a good system and I was working hard even though it probably sounds like I was just slacking and making them do all the work.


Adri ordered her plate and a cookie and a whole bunch of drinks.... what a good dinner!

The three of us working away in the kitchen... I don't think Moroni thought that he was being invited over to work all night but he was super helpful!!




Our actual menu:

Fehttuchini Alfredo
Spaghetti
Bruschetta
(Garlic) Bread - we didn't have time to make it garlic so everyone just got some bread
Rice Krispies
Cookies
Manzana Lift
Fanta Grape
Coke
Pina Soda (pineapple)
Fruit Punch
Sprite
Fork
Spoon
Plate
Bowl

We finally ate after everyone else was finished. I think that the Alfredo sauce that Ashley made was the most delicious pasta sauce I have ever eaten. I had a few servings

Moroni and Ghost... he called me Moroni all night and he wouldn't answer to his name... instead we called him ghost. What a lame nickname.

Ashley loved her little table!!


"This is not my stomach, it is my chest I just carry it down here because it is easier. See I can't walk around like this all day!"

The duct tape really did work... I have no curves in this picture. Except for... Why am I sticking my stomach out?? So embarrassing!


"What??"

Teo and his Puebla girls

They have the same hair...



Carly and Me

Adri and I had a lot of fun..... and yes maybe a little weird that she has underwear hanging off of her the whole night!


Haha this is Ashley's sexy look!! This is what you have to look forward to Ken!

Teo wanted a picture with his Blondie nephew he said :-)

We tried to replicate it... it was a lot harder than I originally anticipated

The world couldn't handle two of us ;-)

This is MY FAVORITE picture!!! How awkward!

Teo's Family

I couldn't wait to get out of my costume...
Moroni is so darn skinny!

Adri and I had to run to her house before we watched the movie to feed the dogs.

2 comments: