Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cookie Monsters!

Friday night before we all left for the long weekend I stayed at Adri's host family's house. Before we went over there I got a phone call asking me to call the mother of one of the girls in Puebla to get a her cards canceled that had been stolen. It was slightly uncomfortable for both of us I think and it didn't help that the only name I had was the first name of the girl in Puebla. But thankfully we were able to figure things out and hopefully I didn't stress her mother out to much. I can't imagine getting a phone call from a stranger about my daughter when she was in a foreign country, even if it was for something as small as her 'credit cards' being misplaced. We kept the fact that they had been stolen on the DL, at least until the girl from Puebla can tell her mom herself. The whole situation is a bit stressful. So like I was saying we spent the evening with Adri's host brothers Santi and Pablo and it was so much fun. What better activity than baking cookies so that we could enjoy them right after we were done. It was a blast! I wanted to take pictures and so Santi insisted that we all wear aprons. Not sure why but Adri got the one that wouldn't untie so we had to squeeze it over her hoodie. It took a lot of work but we finally got it! To be honest getting it off was more difficult... but we didn't have little hands helping (more hindering) so it took less time!

A bit too small I think

Pablo was so excited!! He loves cookies!

Pablo, Santi and Me.... I love these boys! Santi was my favorite student until he was switched out of my Discovery class.

We let them lick the spoon and the bowl after we put the cookies on the baking sheet... they were so happy! If Adri wasn't their favorite before she most definitely is now!

Pablo wanted t roll the cookies but the dough was so sticky it just got all over his hands... not much was left of the cookie

Then he ruined the egg timer... Santi was ready to kill him!


The cookies were so delicious!!

It was a super fun night!!

After we finished baking cookies I burned a whole bunch of CD's for Moroni. After Moroni and Teo got back from making sure things were okay in Puebla (their school was broken into again and a whole bunch of things were stolen) we met up with them for a few minutes so I could get Moro all the music he wanted from me. I had leant him my iPod all week so basically I just looked at all the recently played music and gave it to him. He told me he only wanted my favorites... yes okay I admit it there are a lot of things that claim favorite status in my life but that is because I love a lot of things not because I can't decide! He ended up with 5 CD's of only my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment