Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Head Injuries and Cheerios

This week my ILP classes were so fun. The girls make me laugh so hard I can't even explain it. It is more like going to hang out with my girlfriends rather than going to teach English. On Tuesday this week we were writing Personal Narratives and the girls were just talking while we were doing it. Noelia was trying to write a story about when she thought she had lost her phone. "One day I went to the bathroom. When I was done I left but then I couldn't find my phone. I went back into the bathroom because I thought I had dropped my phone in the TWILIGHT." Haha oh man Noelia kept calling the toilet the twilight, we were all laughing so hard at her. Then we got onto the topic of Twilight since all of the girls are obsessed with it. Okay who am I kidding I am a little bit obsessed too! Zaloa was telling me that it would come out in English first but that there would be Spanish subtiddles.... haha oh man she couldn't say the word right at all. We all burst out laughing as soon as it came out of her mouth. So funny then later I was talking and instead of saying a holiday I pronounced it holidie... I don't know if this even makes sense to anyone reading it but I'm enjoying typing it.

Then on Wednesday in class we were sitting there and all of the sudden Noelia just started laughing so hard out of nowhere. Then all she was like "Teacher Sarah, your ankle looks like a nose." I don't know where she got that from but the girls drew a face on my ankle and took pictures. I don't think I've ever seen Noelia so close to tears. Can't you tell I'm teaching the kids so much... oh well at least we are speaking English while all of this is going on.

My ankle that apparently looks like a nose

Andie brought the football helmet for our movie

This is what my crazy girls are like sometimes in class.... we really spend most of the class laughing!!

Savannah dancing with our new Salsa Teacher

Ashley is always so happy at dance!!

Well this week has been kinda ridiculous... I didn't think I could possibly get any dumber. I know that I do silly things sometimes but this week really did take the cake. So I was walking to school the other day with Adri and I was walking on the sidewalk while Adri was walking on the road. I was looking over at her while we were talking and then it happened.... I walked straight into this huge metal box on the wall. The corner of it smoked me right on the head and it hurt a lot. I kept walking after kinda complaining and putting my hand on my head... I was trying to walk it off. When I pulled my hand away it was covered in blood.... stupid head injuries bleed so much. Then Adri called Ashley for me, she said that I she needed to call her to make it more dramatic. Ashley and Moroni came and got me at the school and walked me to Rachel and Teo's house where Ashley washed my wound for me before I went to teach my class. My kids were so concerned about me when I got back, they all wanted to see the cut on my head. All of them asked me if I had painted my hair because the blood had made some nice red streaks in it for me. They were so sweet! I was pretty out of it during class and I felt bad for the kids because I wanted to be super energetic but all I could think of doing was curling up in a ball and going to sleep. It was a long lesson to get through, but we did it and the kids still love me I think.

My bloody cut....

This stupid metal box is the culprit... I'm just the one stupid enough to walk into it

What a good friend!

I was super grateful when Wednesday was finally over

Thursday night I wasn't planning on going to soccer because I needed to set up for our Halloween party at ILP the next day but that didn't take as long as we anticipated. I ended up being able to go which made me so happy. Adri had to run home to straighten her host sister's hair and so while I was waiting for her to come back I hung out with Vanilka, Atzi and Arad (Sandy's kids) and they were so fun! Arad doesn't really talk to me but for some reason that night he was my best friend!

Vanilka, Atzi, Arad and Me

We had trick or treaters stop by the school on Thursday night and their costumes were totally awesome. That is one thing that is a little bit different down here in Mexico, those kids who do go trick or treating go all week. It is a pretty steady stream for about four days... and they trick or treat everywhere. We even had some kids come trick or treating at the market. on Friday morning at like 9:00 am.


So cute! Atzi and Ashley

Arad took this picture, he did a pretty good job I think.


Vanilka took this one... I love these kids!




This is the happiest time of my week... I love playing soccer with these YM. They rock and they are starting to teach me a lot too.... now that I can communicate with them a little bit more.

My awesome team!!! I don't know what the little guy's name is in the middle but whoever he was I want him on my team every time, he rocks in goal!!
Israel, Vladmir, ???, Me and Nestor (Little Nestor)



Adri and I walked home from soccer that night and we made sure to stop at THE Make-out Tree.... every day when we walk to school there is a couple that is making out on this tree. It has the perfect incline for him to lay back on... oh I love PDA's in Mexico.

Adri is one hot chick.... Kelsey said "You can't see him, he must be Mexican!"


See I told you... perfect incline!



We were kinda hungry when we got home.... who am I kidding I'm always so hungry. So what did we do?? We came home and ate our very favorite cereal out there. So delicious!! What a great night, it might not get better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment