Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Futbol

Happy American Thanksgiving!! Since all of the teachers down here with the exception of a few of us are American we made sure to celebrate the holiday as best we could. We went out for a delicious breakfast in the morning with Sandy. Adri and I shared a delicious breakfast... I'm going to miss the food down here that is for sure. I can't even remember what it was called. I will do my best to figure it out so that I can have it again in the future. We actually went for breakfast right after I dropped Mom and Dad off at the bus station. It was a good way to cheer me up after saying goodbye to my parents.

Me and Adri

Ash and Ken



The Discovery kids are always cute as ever and we are trying to do better and bring our cameras along so that we can take pictures of them whenever.


We had Thanksgiving Lunch.... we had potatoes and stuffing and then turkey (actually chicken) sandwiches. It was great!! Happy Thanksgiving!! I am thankful for a lot of things this year but the things that I am most grateful for are Tyson and my family!! And then for the opportunity that I had to come to Mexico so that I could do the growing up I needed to. I love and miss everyone from back home, I can't wait to be home in just a few weeks.

Oh and I am thankful for Manzana Lift

ILP class was funny. The girls were making fun of me with my computer. We always listen to music at the end of class and so I always have my computer with me. Maryfer, Marity and Idalia started mocking me. Its so hard not to love these girls!!

Typical Maryfer...




Then we got silly and started taking funny pictures!!

I'm so thankful for my girls... they have become some of my best friends in the whole world!

How could Thanksgiving be complete without futbol?? Well Adri and I went and there weren't a ton of guys there but my favorite boys Daniel and Nestor were there oh plus Omar (I think that is is his name at least, we usually just call him goalie!! He is the one sticking his head out in this picture.


Adri, Sefi, Nestor, Me and Coco in the front (he is our little translator)

The futbol gang... Daniel and Sefi and Nestor are there every week without fail. They are the best!

Nestor and Sefi

Omar, Me, Salvador, Nestor
Omar has a tendency to just sit down in the middle of the game if he is bored, he makes me laugh so hard every week!

My arms are pathetic....

Best Friends!!


Daniel is very similar to Moroni in that he can never take a serious picture. It was almost a good one until he stuck out his tongue. PS. Girls this guy is a catch, not only is he super cute and good at soccer he has a testimony and is super funny too!!

Adri and the boys

Sefi blames me for everthing.... I hear the words "tu culpa" more often than anything else when I'm playing soccer. Oh that and "Nada Sarah!!"

We are so cool....

I think this is as good as it gets... I don't think I will ever get a serious picture with Daniel


.... or his brother Nestor


I got made fun of a lot this week because I made some stupid mistakes while I was trying to speak Spanish. We were splitting onto teams and I said "Daniel, Sefi y me" I forgot that me in Spanish is YO. Everyone started laughing and the rest of the night everyone kept poking fun. "Yo goal!!" or "Yo culpa" or "Sarah y ME" You know what I speak English.... they kept getting me to say bad words and then they tried to get me to say Spanish tongue twisters. Then Adri ad I got them to say some tongue twisters. I wouldn't really try if I didn't think I could say it close enough but they would just ramble off words if they couldn't remember the words. It was so funny!! We quit playing early and just kept joking around and taking pictures. Oh man I'm going to miss these guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment