Friday, October 9, 2009

Oh What Fun!

Who would have thought that the best burger I've ever had would be in Mexico? I had the most delicious pineapple burger in the world the other day when Sandy took us out for dinner again. It may have possibly been the best thing I've had since I've been down here.

Vanilka, Arad, Sandy and I at the Magic Burger

Adri enjoying her burger!

It wouldn't have been the best dinner ever if I hadn't had my Manzana with it

Vanilka sat by me and she taught me a whole bunch of sentences I didn't know in Spanish. It was a fun night!


My girls from ILP are hilarious. In particular Andie... who insists on being front and center in every situation. (Mom I know you just thought "Just like someone else I know." Trust me she is way worse than I ever was) They taught me this little saying that they do... actually Andie did it to me first and then I made her show me. It was pretty darn cute! My favorite is that Maryfer gets so frustrated with the other girls when they are being silly and lay on the ground. She isn't much of a performer. I love these girls, they make me laugh so hard.



I wish a picture of me sitting on the ground laughing could tell you just how funny this situation really was. Kami is ready to die she was laughing so hard and it took me several minutes to calm down. I know I have talked about Lover's Leap before and just how funny of a game it truly is. In addition to that I know I have talked about Richard before and how being his partner is always an adventure. Well as we were walking in our circles I realized that Richard and I have never ever had to do Lover's Leap (where you have one partner jump into the other person's arms) because we have never made it past the Monkey on the Back. Well just to make things difficult for us Kami called "Lover's Leap." Haha Richard comes running over to me and stands in front of me just waiting for me to pick him up. I go to reach around him and then pick up his legs just as he throws his arms in the air and goes "Oh never mind teacher!" Then he just walks over to the wall and sits down. He didn't even let me try! It was so funny! First of all he didn't even leap or jump to help me out he just expected me to lift him and then to make it even better he gave up after like two seconds because he knew we were going to lose. Oh Richard makes me laugh so hard. Kami and I were laughing so hard it too several minutes before we got the game going again. What a great game!

The Puebla girls came down for Conference so that they could listen to it in English. Friday night before Conference we all went dancing for hours. It was so much fun. Carley was having a fun time with my camera and took a picture of Moroni and Savannah through the mirror making sure to include Ashley's dirty feet. It was a super fun night. Teo started to tease me and he told me that my waist was too small for dancing... he said he could wrap his arm around me twice and that was not good for dancing. I need to start eating more I guess or at least that is what Teo keeps telling me.

Conference was super amazing and I couldn't believe all the things I had to learn. The gospel is true and President Thomas S. Monson is the prophet of God. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and the message of hope that is spreading throughout the world because of the efforts of missionaries. I know Jesus Christ lives and is the literal son of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment