Saturday, October 17, 2009

Me encanta bailar!

Well this week has been great! I have been able to do lots of dancing and play soccer... pretty much my two favorite things which always make me happy. Dancing lessons have been super fun lately and then to top it off we had the Stake Dance this Friday which didn't disappoint and was an adventure and a half.

Ashley woke up one morning with a cold-sore... her entire lip was swollen. In this picture she is sticking out her bottom lip which makes it look even bigger.


This last Thursday almost 30 people showed up to play soccer with us. I guess the word has gotten out that all the gringas and the few Canadian girls are here to play. It was way fun and there were no injuries which was really nice.
Adri and Me
If you can believe it, this is after we had been playing for several hours... so much fun and I think we look dang good. I never ever looked this good playing soccer back home, what the heck?

Kelsey and Bethany

Savannah and Dusty

Bethany getting ready for the dance

The dance was a bit crazy, when I showed up I walked into a gymnasium full of balloons. You had to walk through them to dance on the floor... it was pretty bad. I washed my face a lot and had to go outside often but I was okay in the end, just a bit red in the face and my neck was pretty bad. When we first showed up people were in two lines, you stood opposite from the person who asked you to dance and you never touched or anything. Really you didn't even have to look at one another if you didn't want to. It was a bit awkward at first. The other thing that is very different down here is that when someone asks you to dance you dance with them for every song basically until another man comes and interrupts you or asked you to dance for the next song. I danced with this one guy named Jose Luis for like 6 songs probably. I was kind of bored by the end but he was very nice. There were a few really good dancers there and it was fun to watch them and to learn some new dances and steps. It was a good night. After we got home from the dance we went for tacos at Teo's place and it was so good. Mmmmm Tacos el pastor, they are by far my favorite thing to eat down here!

The ladies... the entire gang minus Ryan
We had a purple and black theme going on... it was a fun night!

Kelsey, Bethany, Me and Savannah

Ashley, Moroni and Me

Moroni and Me

Dusty and the Infamous Nestor

A sort of line dance that they do. I just danced in the middle of the circle because I don't understand the directions they give you in the song.

Adri may hate me for posting this photo but I don't care. This was us having a blast!

Good ol' Sav

Moroni and Adri

Kathy dancing with Fabien

Adri danced up a storm. I think she danced every song that night. I'm so glad we convinced her to go.

Adri rocked the line dance... I couldn't keep up and Moroni ended up getting lost too.

Moroni, Me, Adri and Dusty after a long night of dancing... can you tell that I'm a bit more sweaty here than at the beginning?

I kind of look like a dork in this video if you can even see it. Sorry its so dark... my favorite part is the beginning when Moroni is trying to teach me how to shimmy and I can't do it. Instead I just shake my head like a total loser and then everyone laughs at me. I love dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment