Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Darling it's better down where its wetter take it from me....

Well it has been a little too long since I last updated my blog and a lot has happened since then. The same weekend we went to the movie "The Rebound" we had Stake Conference. Adri, Chelsea, Dusty, Brooke, and I all sang in the choir which was really nice. We sang "Grande eres Tú" or "How Great Thou Art" and "Oración de un niño" aka "A Child's Prayer." They both went really well and it was neat to learn to sing in Spanish. I think that singing in Spanish is much easier than speaking, maybe because I love to sing and I understand music so much faster than anything else. It was really cool. One thing that I love about it here in Mexico is that everyone sings in church meetings. It doesn't matter if they are a good singer or not (which is a large number of them) they sing as a form of worship and I love listening to them. The same is the case when you sing in a choir, there are some who maybe shouldn't sing super loud because they pull others off key but they are singing the words of the hymn and sharing their testimony to the congregation. I am glad that I participated even though it meant 4 hours of practice for a couple of weeks. I even joined late! Brooke sang a beautiful duet with Fabian also during Conference. They sang "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" and it was beautiful. Dusty played the piano and she did a great job too.

Adri and I straightened Dusty's hair on Sunday morning. Actually the reason we had time to do that is because we all woke up an hour early because we didn't realize there had been a time change. We went onto Daylight Savings Time earlier than we do back home and so we all were up and getting ready to go at 6:00. Dusty's hair looked so beautiful, and so blonde! She had never ever straightened it before so it was a new experience for her too.

Dusty's hair is so long but thankfully it is also very thin so it didn't take too long to straighten.


Unfortunately this week has been a wet one... a really wet one. It has poured rain most days and if the day does start out warm it ends up rainy and cold. :-( I can officially say I was freezing in Mexico several times this week. On Monday we had to walk to school in the pouring rain. Adri and I were not that impressed about it. I at least had a sweater to keep me somewhat warm, Adri had to walk there in her t-shirt and she was soaked. It at least was good for a laugh! Classes were pretty lame that day because the kids were just itching to go outside or to go home. They were all miserable from the rain too I think. Some of the kids went home early after being out in the rain for just a little bit because they were so wet. It was a crazy day.


After class today we planned on going over to Rachel and Teo's house for FHE to make them dinner since they have all been sick. When we showed up with dessert for them we actually ended up waking them up. So plans changed, we dropped off dessert and then we went out for tacos with Teo and Moroni and let Rachel go back to sleep again. It was raining when we left and by the time we got to the taco place we were pretty wet. The streets were beginning to look more like streams than roads and the water was pouring off the rooftops but it wasn't bad enough to deter us from eating.

"Yes, this is Teo"
Teo's approving response after looking at the picture

Moroni, Ashley and Adri
Moroni's shirt has dried off a little bit at this point... we were all pretty wet from the rain


Teo was wearing closed toe shoes so Ashley volunteered to carry him!

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my entire life. I was dripping wet and shivering because I was freezing cold but when Teo stopped at this WC sign I just about wet myself and laughed so hard it didn't matter how cold I was. He told me that this could not be posted on facebook and I told him fine I would only post it on m blog. "This is not how Stake President's act..." he said. Well I think he is one hilarious Stake President!

This is Adri walking down the river to her house! The rain drops were so huge... it was super wet!

We were just waiting to make sure Adri got into her house safe. I was so cold but I had to show everyone how deep the water was getting. You can't see my feet at all and at this point it had only been raining hard for a few hours. It rained like this most of the night too!

Can you see how wet we are?... oh what an awesome adventure!

I wish I could say that our adventure ended there but it didn't. When we woke up the following morning out apartment had flooded... A LOT! I have some videos I will continue to try to upload but they take a while. This picture doesn't even do it justice... there was more than two inches of water pretty much everywhere. It took the three of us several hours just to


We had just woken up....

Ashley's job was to get the water out the kitchen door... we had quite the system!

Adri showed up to go for a run and ended up cleaning the apartment with us... "This is what I get for not sleeping in this morning!" Haha oh she makes me laugh... sometimes it sucks to be a good friend!!

It actually was a super fun morning... all an attitude right?

No comments:

Post a Comment