Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Best Birthday Ever!!

Well I have decided that I am going to give you guys a play by play de mi cumpleanoz. It was a great day and I was surrounded by awesome friends who spoiled me rotten!

So #1)
I woke up at 7:00 like I always do (at least since I've been here) and went for a run with Adri. It feels so good to exercise in the morning, most definitely something that I will continue to do after I get home. Plus it will keep me skinny and hopefully keep me in shape for soccer!



Stretching... my legs were super sore that day!

Adri was commenting on how ironic this pictures is... tank top, henna tattoo and studying the scriptures.

I couldn't possibly have asked for better roommates this week... I got chocolate milk from Ashley and Adri made me a delicious breakfast of fruit!

#2)
The afternoon was full of fun at discovery where we played a huge game of Lovers Leap and then at ILP where the girls threw me a birthday party. I spent the afternoon on skype and the phone with a few people who wished me a Happy Birthday! I got to talk to my daddy which was wonderful. I hadn't been able to talk to him one on one since I had left and I missed it a lot. I don't think he saw it but I cried a little bit while I was talking to him. I miss him a lot. I miss my entire family a lot but I have missed talking to my Dad, he's kind of an awesome father!

The girls surprised me. Andie brought the cake and they decorated the room. It was so sweet!


It was 'Tres Leches' Cake... so delicious!

These are all my sweet girls. Me, Katya, Zaloa, Marity, Idalia, Noelia, Andie
My eyes look a little bit swollen, I think I cried a little bit

Who couldn't love them?

One tradition in Mexico is to shove the person's face in the cake... I was the only one who didn't know it was coming. Good thing this was one of the most amazing cakes I have ever had.




Not the most attractive picture...

To add to how wonderful the surprise already was Katya brought her guitar because she knew I missed being able to play it.
I taught them the words to "When You Say Nothing At All"

Savannah and Ashley joined us... pretty sure it wasn't for the cake... actually who am I kidding of course it was!


Zaloa is very good at the guitar, she played a song for us also!

#3)

Ashley didn't have to get me anything more than that chocolate milk I had for breakfast but she showed up after lunch with flowers and another chocolate milk for me to enjoy!

Teo took Adri, Ashley and I out for dinner which was delicious. We call this place "Teo's Tacos Number 2)


Could it have gotten any better? I highly doubt it but then Adri gave me the gift she had gotten me, what a sweetheart!

I totally look like I've been crying in this picture, probably because I cried a lot that day. People were so sweet to me.

I don't think there is anyway I could have asked for a better birthday. People were there for me in every way and I felt totally spoiled. I got to talk on skype and on the phone to my family and to some friends as well as hang out with some of the coolest girls in the country of Mexico. There isn't much else to tell you about my birthday except for that it was an awesome day only because of the people that were involved. My family and my friends back home who sent me messages put a smile on my face as well as the friends I have here that are so kind. I am so blessed and yet it seems like the Lord continues to bless me though I possibly can't get more. One day I'm sure he will stop but right now I am so grateful for each and everyone one of my blessings!

I miss you all! Thank you for the Birthday Wishes and making my experience here better with the support of all my friends and family back home!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had known it was your birthday. We would have sent you something, or something. I'm glad that you had a great day and I am especially glad that you got to talk to your Dad. From a girl who loves her Dad I know how special it can be to have that time.

    Happy Birthday from the McKinnons, who have been reading in secret!

    ReplyDelete