Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day!

Monday finally arrived after what seemed like forever. I was terrified but also extremely excited at the same time for my first day of classes. My lesson plan consisted of some reading and then discussions about the different seasons. We focused on Winter because it seems like that is the season I am most familiar with. After reading about some animals and how they live in cold climates we talked about Canada. I showed them pictures and videos of my family playing in the snow and going sledding in Bow Ridge. They enjoyed that a lot!

In the video I showed them Tyler pushed Dad into the snow head first. (it could have been two different people, I don't remember) Raul this one little boy in my class at Discovery flipped out when he saw that. He kept asking "He not hurt is he? He not hurt is he?" I had to continue assure him that it wouldn't hurt to be pushed into a drift of snow until he would calm down. It was so cute. I wanted to also make snowflakes with them but we ran out of time and we ended up just going over our spelling lists before class ended. It was a great class though with a lot of language going on in the class. I was super excited and thought for sure that I would be golden for my next class at ILP. Not the case! The girls were bored out of their minds and we ended up looking at a whole bunch of novels we might read. I thought it was a good lesson plan but I guess I am going to have to keep the different classes in mind. I won't be able to do all the same things with both of them.

Monday night is the night we have FHE. Its a great night of fun and usually treats. This week our lesson was on Love. Ashley is such a great teacher! :-) We all drew names of other teachers that we needed to focus on showing love to this week. Then we enjoyed some gooey brownies and fun together.


Ryan, Brooke, Ashley, Kami

Adri and Chelsea


Our Creation

Tuesday consisted of an extremely difficult class at Discovery and the opposite for ILP. Math is much harder to teach and to get the kids to talk about, especially when they don't like the subject. We played a game with jellybeans and the kids showed me that they could count much better than everyone else thinks they should be able to at their level. Then we learned 'greater than' 'less than' and 'equal to' which was great. It was a pretty terrible class with Discovery but it was great with ILP. At ILP we did spelling practice and competitions and then we did a whole bunch of reading together. It was awesome. But the best part of about Tuesday was dinner. We went to this little stand in the park and ate the most delicious tacos. It was so good! The weather has been really weird and raining quite a bit. Last night it poured and my hair was gross by the time we got our dinner and then by the time I got home to talk on Skype to some of my favorite people in the world.


The wonderful dinner stand

Dusty and I after eating our delicious dinner

Today was a great day with lots of reading and then a Season Tree... we made a tree which had a different season on each branch. It was a lot of fun and there was a lot of language during the reading and even during the crafts. During my ILP class the girls all wanted me to sing Taylor Swift songs. I lost my voice after singing to them for two hours. It was a great day! I just got off Skype with a two of my greatest friends and now I'm off to bed!

Oh my gosh the most frightening thing just happened! I was typing on my computer and a cockroach walked like an inch away from my hand and totally frightened me. It scared me because I didn't see it till like the last second and then I totally freaked out. I jumped off the bed as it ran across my keyboard and then ran into my bedroom across the hallway. Then it started flying towards me and it freaked me out even more. It was huge! Disgusting and huge!!

Now I'm not sure if I will be able to sleep but I'll do my best. I'm going to start running again tomorrow, hopefully I can get Ashley up to go with me so that I don't have to go alone! Its not really as popular down here and the streets are so small that it will be hard to run anywhere without disrupting people who are walking but it will be good for me and keep me in half decent shape for soccer when I get home. Goodnight all! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we have another teacher on our hands! Continue to enjoy them, Sarah! I am enjoying reading your blog!

    love you!

    Cailin

    ReplyDelete