Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Te Extrano

As I was flying home from Mexico I began to make a list of all of the things I knew I was going to miss about Mexico as well as a list of the things I knew I wouldn't miss. Now that I have been home for over a month its about time I wrote down all of the things I love and miss about Mexico. I never ever missed home as much as I have been missing Mexico over the last several weeks. I love that country and it has been very hard to get back into the routine here at home.

Things I miss about Mexico:
  • Teo, Rachael and their daughters, Moroni
  • Zaloa and Noelia and all of my ILP girls
  • Ashley and Adri
  • Adri's host family.... Santi, Pablo and Caro
  • My Discovery Class
  • Thursday night soccer
  • The sun
  • Warm Weather
  • My tan
  • Hugs and kisses as you greet people and say goodbye
  • Mexican music
  • Dancing
  • The food (chiliqueles, tacos al pastor, gringas)
  • Comida
  • the freshly squeezed juice
  • how inexpensive things are to buy
  • the whistling, honking and cat calls
  • Spanish
  • men's cologne

Things I WON'T miss about Mexico:

  • trees in the middle of the sidewalk
  • having dirty, dry feet
  • only tile floor
  • not flushing my toilet paper
  • Tele Novelas
  • papaya
  • having to turn on the hot water every morning
  • pumping the water
  • not being able to understand people

I love that place, and I'm going to be sure to continue to add to my list of the things I miss and the things I don't miss. I can't wait to go back and visit, I hope that it happens sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment